VidSwap REPLAY is currently available only on iPad.
1) You'll need AT LEAST one iPad to run VS REPLAY during a game, but you'll almost certainly want to use more. The main "server" iPad should be up in the pressbox running the system, and every additional iPad can be on the sideline viewing replays.
2) We recommend using an iPad Pro (or one of the newest iPad Airs) for the main iPad running VS REPLAY in the pressbox. We repeat: we HIGHLY recommend using an iPad Pro for the BEST experience using VS Replay.
3) Do you need a zoom lens for your sideline/filming iPad? Check out this link here.
4) The main iPad MUST be plugged into the router; turn the iPad's wifi OFF. You will have a poor experience if you don't plug in. If you were not provided an adaptor, you can grab these: Lightning cable or USB C cable
5) Most older iPad Pros, Airs, or Minis should work fine for playback iPads (to use for viewing footage while on the field, bench, press box or elsewhere). The older the iPad you're using, the greater the chance of a dropped signal because of their weaker wifi capabilities. Those older devices may have a harder time connecting to your VS REPLAY network.
6) The VS REPLAY app works like a server, allowing your teams' multiple iPads to connect to your VS REPLAY network and play back multiple angles of video at any time during the game. This means your main recording iPad always needs to be on and recording (not asleep or locked) for any playback iPads to display video. (The main recording iPad DOES save the video in the app, so that main iPad can be used offline, anywhere, for playback.)
On the main iPad running VS LIVE, here's how to start a new game:
1) Make sure your cameras and REPLAY hardware are all set up and powered on. Here's how to set up the hardware. Make sure you're running the current version of the app.
2) When you first download VS REPLAY from an internet connection, login to your account. You will not need to login again as you won't have internet from the REPLAY network.
3) Make sure your main recording iPad is plugged into the network with the provided cables, with wifi turned OFF. Then make sure all viewing iPads are connected to your VS REPLAY wifi network; the current selected network will be displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen.
4) Click 'New Game' to open the 'Game Details' page.
5) From the 'Game Details' page, you can define the game name and type ("Playbased" for sports like football, baseball, softball, or possibly volleyball; "Flowbased" for sports like soccer, hockey, or lacrosse)
Game Details is also where you can DELETE a game, END, or UPLOAD games.
6) At the bottom of the screen, click 'Config' to assign your camera views. We support up to 6 camera angles.
IP cams from VidSwap will auto show up to assign an angle.
iPhones / iPads (using the VS Cam app) will auto show up to assign an angle.
To use the main iPad camera, select the 'iPad Cam' option on the top right.
hudl sideline equipment >> your cameras will pop up automatically once those teredeks have booted up fully.
When using HDMI camcorders with our HDMI encoders, tap the top right menu to add cameras, then assign the angles.
Pt #1 (side cam) is hardcoded to Manual #1 > 192.168.1.150
Pt #2 (endzone cam) is hardcoded to Manual #2 > 192.168.1.151
7) Click on the 'Record' tab at the bottom of the screen to switch to the RECORD view, which is the mode you'll be in for the whole game.
8) Click the 'Add New Tag' button to create the basic tags you want to use during the game. An example for football is O, D, K; for hockey you could tag your shift lines 1,2,3,4,pp,pk; for volleyball you might want to tag your serve/rec rotations, etc.
9) On the left side of the screen is your start / stop record button. On the right are the tag buttons you created in step 8.
Once you have all of this ready, your viewing / playback iPads can click into their VS REPLAY app to connect to the game and start viewing once the recording starts.
Remember, VS REPLAY needs to be running on the main iPad at all times in order for the viewing iPads to playback video. This is exactly like a computer connecting to a server to retrieve information over a wifi network.
10) When a game is done, click into DETAILS on the bottom, END GAME > UPLOAD (make sure you're logged into the correct account so the video is uploaded in the right place)
Plugging the iPad into the network via the provided network cable is HIGHLY recommend. The upload will be MUCH FASTER.
Make sure the uploading iPad does not fall asleep; if it does, you will need to start the upload over.
11) Your REPLAY files will be uploaded into the 'REPLAY' section of your VidSwap account:
Once the game is uploaded into your REPLAY section on VidSwap, click 'UPLOAD VIDEO' to create a new game and select the REPLAY files as your source:
1) The icons to the left of each listed game are buttons that you can use to either end / resume a REPLAY session or start / stop sharing over the VS REPLAY network.
2) The wifi icon shows to the right of the game that is currently being shared on the VS REPLAY network.
On playback iPads, here's how to watch:
Remember, VS REPLAY needs to be running on the main iPad at all times in order for the viewing iPads to play back video. This is just like a computer connecting to a server to receive information over wifi.
1) Again, please make sure all iPads are connected to the VS REPLAY wifi network. You can check this in your iPad's 'SETTINGS'.
2) Open VS REPLAY app and click into JOIN GAME.
3) The three buttons on the top right are your live clips list, tagger, and filter.
4) You can use your finger to draw on screen when the video is paused.