VidSwap LIVE is currently available only on iPad. An Android version is coming soon.
You'll need at least 2 iPads to run VS LIVE Video during a game. We recommend using the most powerful iPad you have as the device to record the video feeds from the camera(s) and tag basic data (an iPad Pro is best). Any iPad Pro, Air, or mini would work fine for playback iPads, to use for viewing footage while on the field or bench, or in the press box or elsewhere.
(We've heard some coaches have had issues with devices as old as iPad 2's; because of their weaker wifi capabilities, those devices have a harder time connecting to your VS LIVE network.)
The VS LIVE app works like a server, allowing your teams' multiple iPads to connect to your VS LIVE network and play back multiple angles of video at any time during the game. This means your main recording iPad always needs to be on for any playback iPads to display video. (The main recording iPad does save the video in the app, so that iPad can be used offline, anywhere, for playback.)
On the main iPad running VS LIVE, here's how to start a new game:
1) Make sure your cameras and LIVE hardware are all set up and powered on. For a diagram of an effective VidSwap LIVE setup, please see this article here.
2) Make sure all iPads are connected to your VS LIVE wifi network; the current selected network will be displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3) Click 'New Game' to open the 'Game Details' page.
4) From the 'Game Details' page, you can define the game name and type ("Play based" for sports like football, baseball, softball, or possibly volleyball; "Flow based" for sports like soccer, hockey, or lacrosse)
Game Details is also where you can DELETE a game or CLEAR TAGS on a game.
5) At the bottom of the screen, click 'Config' to assign your camera views. We support up to 4 camera angles.
6) Click on the 'RECORD' button at the bottom of the screen to switch to the RECORD view, which is the mode you'll be in for the whole game.
7) Click the 'Add New Tag' button to create the basic tags you want to use during the game. An example for football is O, D, K; for hockey you could tag your shift lines 1,2,3,4,pp,pk; for volleyball you might want to tag your serve/rec rotations, etc.
8) On the left side of the screen is your start / stop record button. On the right are the tag buttons you created in step 7.
Once you have all of this ready, your viewing / playback iPads can click into their VS LIVE app to connect to the game and start viewing once the recording starts.
Remember, VS LIVE needs to be running on the main iPad at all times in order for the viewing iPads to play back video. This is exactly like a computer connecting to a server to retrieve information over a wifi network.
1) The icons to the left of each listed game are buttons that you can use to either end / resume a LIVE session or start / stop sharing over the VS LIVE network.
2) The wifi icon shows to the right of the game that is currently being shared on the VS LIVE network.
On playback iPads, here's how to watch:
Remember, VS LIVE needs to be running on the main iPad at all times in order for the viewing iPads to play back video. This is just like a computer connecting to a server to receive information over wifi.
1) Again, please make sure all iPads are connected to the VS LIVE wifi network. You can check this in your iPad's 'SETTINGS'.
2) Open VS LIVE app and click into Live Share game.
3) The three buttons on the top right are your live clips list, tagger, and filter.
4) You can use your finger to draw on screen when the video is paused.